A ranking of the best pizzerias in Europe outside Italy has given the top spot to London restaurant 50 Kalo di Ciro Salvo.
In fact, according to the results of 50 Top Pizza, a ranking sponsored in part by S. Pellegrino and Acqua Panna and D’Amico, London is the best European city for pizza, landing three of the top 10 spots, followed by Paris and Copenhagen, which tied with two spots each.
Europe’s top pizzeria, meanwhile, is run by third- generation pizza maker Ciro Salvo, who works with an extra-wet dough to create a light, chewy crust for his Neapolitan-style pizzas.
Ingredients like organic San Marzano tomatoes, 24-month-old Parmigiano Reggiano, Castelpoto cured sausage and Provolone del Monaco are imported straight from Italy and Naples.
50 Kalo London is the British outpost of the wildly popular original restaurant which opened in Naples in 2014.
The promise of authentic Neapolitan pizzas in London has attracted celebrities like Cuba Gooding Jr and Michael Buble.
Here are the best pizzerias in Europe excluding Italy for 2019:
1. 50 Kalo, London
2. Bijou, Paris
3. Bæst, Copenhagen
4. Ober Mamma, Paris
5. Pizzeria Luca, Copenhagen
6. Kytaly, Geneva
7. Lilia Napoli, Falkenberg
8. Addomme, London
9. L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, London
10. Gazzo, Berlin
- Is Phoenix the Best Pizza Town in the U.S.? 11 Places That Make the Case
- Best pizza in Orange County
- Where to get the best pizza in Houston according to Yelp
- Best pizza in the U.S. comes from this Boston restaurant, TripAdvisor says
- The Pizza Issue: Where to Find Cincinnati's Favorite and Best Pizza Pies, Slices and More — Including a Few Round, Non-Pizza Foods
- No, Boston, you do not have the best pizza in America. We do.
- Yum! Vote for the best pizza in Houston
- Regina Pizzeria is the best pizza in the country, TripAdvisor says
- Best pizza in every state: TripAdvisor names the top-rated pizzerias
- Cincinnati news: A.J. Green is OK, autumn is best, Pizza Week returns