A mother has shared a video of her son who has a heart defect responding in an amazing way to Rob Delaney’s episode of CBeebies Bedtime Stories, during which the actor told a bedtime story using Makaton sign language. Earlier this week, it was revealed that Delaney was to become the first person to tell a story on the TV show using Makaton, a form of sign language that involves signs, symbols and speech. Delaney and his family used Makaton to communicate with his late son Henry, who underwent a tracheotomy after being diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2016. The CBeebies Bedtime Stories episode featuring Delaney aired on Friday 16 November. Laura McCartney, from Larbert in Scotland, watched the CBeebies episode with her son, six-year-old Tom. Tom was born with a heart defect called tricuspid atresia, and as of July this year had undergone four heart operations, including two major open heart surgeries, McCartney explains in a post shared on Facebook. In November 2013 Tom had to undergo a tracheotomy, and was diagnosed with hearing loss at the age of two. While watching the CBeebies episode with her son, McCartney filmed Tom responding in excitement to Delaney’s use of… Read full this story
- '16 years ago, I was in jail in a wheelchair': Catastrophe star Rob Delaney celebrates his sobriety after revealing he 'drove blackout drunk into a building'
- Chicago residents help raise awareness for heart defects
- Mum shares confronting photos of what was hiding in her bed
- Share your reaction to Ireland's abortion referendum
- Stars share their reactions to Doris Roberts' death
- The Boys season 2 release date, cast, images, episode count, and everything else we know
- The Sea, the Sea: The Heart and Soul of ‘The Affair,’ Episode Recap S4E4
- Mum shares her most brutal Tinder dates, including a bloke who was engaged and a guy who rang his DAD to pay for dinner
- Mum shares pregnancy transformation video after being 'bump-shamed' by trolls
- Gemma Atkinson shares incredible throwback of herself as a teen – see pic
Mum shares incredible reaction of boy with heart defect to Rob Delaney’s Makaton CBeebies episode have 342 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at November 18, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.