MACHANG: Over 2,000 residents in three villages near Pulai Chondong here are worried that the spring water which had been their source of water supply for the past 30 years, is no longer safe as the water has been polluted. Although water in the storage tanks has been treated, they fear that the drought and monsoon seasons may negatively affect water quality bringing various health threats including outbreak of rat urine disease. In view of this, the residents of Kampung Bukit Kecil, Bukit Besar and Batu Berdiri hope that the Health Department will inspect the source of the water and monitor the situation in the area. A resident of Kampung Dewan Kecil, Mohd Korbi Zakaria, 45, said the residents in the village had been relying on the spring water for daily use including for cooking and drinking. “Although we have never suffered any illnesses due to the water, we now have higher risk of contracting water-borne diseases. Another resident Mohd Ismail Jusoh, 50, from Kampung Dewan Besar, hoped the Health Department would install water filters at the catchment areas to ensure the cleanliness of the water. “We prefer the spring water because the flow rate is much faster and the… Read full this story
- Pure Water Filters - Contaminant Problems and Solutions
- Do You Know If Your Drinking Water is Contaminated?
- Are You at Risk of Contaminated Drinking Water in Water Stations?
- Are You at Risk of Contaminated Drinking Water
- How to Choose an Ultraviolet (UV) Water Filter System For Your Home
- Mineral Water
- Top 10 Health Risk Contaminants Managed By Home Water Purifiers and Filters
- Water Filters Guide - What You Should Know Before You Invest In A Water Treatment System
- The Real Truth About Bottled Water, Purified Water and Tap Water
- Guide to Making a Home Made Water Purifier
Pulai Chondong villagers fear water source contaminated have 301 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.