Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Dec. 16 (Xinhua) — The Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee studied the economic work for 2019 during a Thursday meeting in the lead-up to a tone-setting central economic work conference, leaving clues as to the resilience of the Chinese economy. The Thursday meeting has been more positive in describing China’s external environment than three other key Central Committee economic work meetings this year, according to a research note by CSC Financial, a Chinese investment bank. Mention of “important period of strategic opportunity” and repeated references to focusing on domestic affairs mean economic policies in 2019 will be more about addressing issues at home, the research note said. Commenting on the strategic opportunity, Haitong Securities senior researcher Jiang Chao said policies would advance the high-quality development of the manufacturing sector, cultivate a stronger domestic market and speed up economic reforms and opening up. “Despite the increasing downward pressure, signals from the meeting are not pessimistic,” Jiang said. “The country should continue to seize the important period of strategic opportunity for development and seek an optimal policy mix and maximum effects.” Upcoming policy plans will possibly increase the importance of domestic demand in… Read full this story
- Birdsville Races 2019: Punters let loose on day two of Australia’s wildest outback races
- How China’s Base in Djibouti Reveals an ‘Expanding Sphere of Influence’
- VN named among Apple’s favorites for smartphone diversification from China
- Ittymaani Made In China Full Movie Leaked Online By Tamilrockers: Mohanlal Fans Shocked!
- TNPL 2019: Chepaul Super Gillies glide past Kovai Kings
- Razer Blade Stealth 13 (Late 2019) hands-on review: For real
- Why is there tension between China and the Uighurs?
- China Shifts Kashmir Stand Ahead of Xi’s Meet With Modi, Calls it Bilateral Issue Between India and Pak
- Explained: What ails India China relationship
- In 2019, salary hike in India may be among the highest in A-Pac
Economic Watch: Key meeting signals China's economic resilience in 2019 have 319 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 16, 2018. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.