By Kevin McGran Sports Reporter Sat., Jan. 19, 2019 Thanks to scoring slumps by their best shooters, lacklustre play all around and, of course, some injuries, the Maple Leafs have dropped in the standings to the point where they may soon be fighting for a wild-card spot rather than home-ice advantage in the playoffs. It certainly wasn’t how Leafs coach Mike Babcock drew up the season. Auston Matthews and William Nylander have gone cold, and the Leafs have gone from winning games they should lose to losing games they should win. “It’s about putting together a full 60 minutes and all of us buying in, every single guy,” Matthews said after Friday night’s 3-1 loss to the Florida Panthers in Sunrise. “We saw it (in Thursday’s 4-2 win in Tampa). Everybody bought in, the full 60 minutes (against) the best team in the league. That’s what you need every night: every guy to show up, do their job, work harder than the guy across from him and make sure it’s a complete game. Article Continued Below “It’s frustrating, of course, the last couple of weeks or so. If the chances aren’t coming, that’s when you really get frustrated. For me,… Read full this story
- The Outer Worlds Update 1.2 Fixes A Dreaded Bug, But The Solution Was Anything But Simple
- Maple Leafs-Blues Sums
- Gaudreau scores twice, Flames rally past Maple Leafs 4-2
- Unbeaten Devils end Maple Leafs’ perfect start with 6-3 win
- Maple Leafs get Johnsson, Kapanen locked up with extensions
- Top 12 Health Benefits Of Nettle Leaf: Usage, Recipes And Side Effects
- Why Is a Chicago Indie Rocker Covering a Lost Dave Matthews Band LP?
- Nissan Leaf EV to arrive in India this year with e-Power technology
- Dad's shock after 'simple trip' to GP ends with devastating leukaemia diagnosis
- Sigmetrix joins the Siemens Digital Industries Software Solution Partner Program as a Software and Technology Partner
Leafs’ solution for slumping Matthews and Nylander simple — but not easy have 324 words, post on www.thestar.com at January 19, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.