Despite the mysterious groin injury that kept him out of the playoff loss to the Eagles, Trey Burton enjoyed a career year in his first year with the Bears after departing Philadelphia via free agency.Burton is an ideal fit in head coach Matt Nagy’s offense, a versatile, undersized athlete who’s dangerous in the red zone. He scored six times on 54 receptions for 569 yards (10.5-yard average). But Burton’s late-season performance plummeted, and there was the feeling that he could have produced much more than he did.In the Bears’ first six games, Burton caught 24 passes for 325 yards and four touchdowns, including a score in three straight games. In the 11 games after that, counting the no-show in the postseason, the five-year veteran caught 30 passes for 244 yards and two touchdowns and never had a game with more than 40 receiving yards.The events leading up to Burton’s inactivity were unusual. He practiced Friday without limitation, although he had what he considered normal soreness. But he awoke Saturday with discomfort, and a subsequent MRI revealed some inflammation, according to the Bears.“Our doctors and what the test revealed (was) that was a real injury that he had to deal with,”… Read full this story
- Chicago Bears 2019 training camp preview: Tight ends
- Chicago Bears 2019 training camp preview: Cornerbacks
- Who is Riley Ridley, the Georgia Bulldogs wide receiver drafted by the Chicago Bears?
- Khalil Mack has more adjusting to do in Year 2 with Bears
- Chicago Bears cut Missouri's Emanuel Hall
- Chicago Bears 2019 training camp preview: Special teams
- Chicago Bears 2019 training camp preview: Outside linebackers
- Former Aggie TE Raymond getting love in Chicago
- Hub Arkush's 2019 Chicago Bears 53-man roster projection
- 'Ask Hub Arkush:' Do Chicago Bears still have depth issues?
TE Burton's career year left Chicago Bears wanting more have 292 words, post on www.kpcnews.com at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.