Chelsea could look to break the bank to bring Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi to the club, according to The Mirror.
The 25-year-old has a £100m buy-out clause in his contract, and could be one of three signings for the Blues, with the club reportedly closing in on a £40m deal for Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella, while discussions have also taken place with Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredas, who is rated in the £30m bracket.
Should Icardi arrive at Stamford Bridge, he could be a replacement for Alvaro Morata, who is reported to be a target for Sevilla.
The Spanish club are reportedly offering a loan deal worth £5m until the summer, when they £35m plus add-ons for the out-of-sorts Spain international.
Latest Janurary transfer news
Manchester United are thought to be willing to use midfielder Andreas Pereira as a makeweight to bring Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic to the club, according to Italian newspaper La Nazione.
Pereira has made just 11 league appearances for United since joining the club in 2014, and has had spells on loan at Granada and Valencia over the past two seasons.
The 23-year-old has drawn interest from Everton and Arsenal, but the Red Devils are understood to prefer selling the Brazil international to a club outside the Premier League.
Arsenal remain the frontrunners to sign Barcelona star Denis Suarez, with The Mirror reporting that the 25-year-old has made it clear he hopes to make the move happen.
The Gunners are keen to bring the midfielder to the club, with a view to a loan move followed by a £15m transfer in the summer.
Barcelona though are reluctant to let Suarez go this month, even though he has a buy-out clause in his contract.
Cardiff City are targeting three signings from France according to Sky Sports News.
Nantes striker Emiliano Sala, Nice midfielder Adrien Tameze and Marseille winger Clinton N’Jie are all reportedly being chased by the Bluebirds, with N’Jie potentially joining on loan.
Cardiff boss Neil Warnock admitted to having doubts over whether a deal could be done for Sala last month, but Nantes are understood to be open to selling the 28-year-old.
Newcastle United’s bid to sign Atlanta United midfielder Miguel Almiron may have hit a stumbling block, according to Chronicle Live.
The Paraguay international is understood to have demanded £100,000 per week from the Magpies, which would make him the top earner at the club, and has put the chances of signing him in doubt.
Meanwhile, Southampton striker Manolo Gabbiadini is reported to be in a tug of war between Sampdoria and Real Betis.
Spanish side Betis are thought to be admirers of the 27-year-old, but Italian side Sampdoria have reportedly firmed up their interest with a loan deal with an obligation to buy worth £10.75m.
On the possibility of Gabbiadini leaving St Mary’s, Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl said: “A few teams are interested in Manolo and we’ll have a look and if there’s a result we’ll tell you.
“Sure (there has been offers). We have to decide and he has to decide where he wants to go.”
- Transfer news LIVE: Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Juventus and Real Madrid latest updates
- Chelsea star Fikayo Tomori wanted by Nice in loan transfer with Blues game time hard to come by
- Transfer news LIVE: Alaba ‘signs for Real Madrid’, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Man Utd, Juventus, PSG latest updates
- Arsenal transfer target Isco revealed his one soft spot for rivals Chelsea as Mikel Arteta eyes Real Madrid ace
- Rumour Has It: Man City hopeful of signing Barca's Messi
- Kai Havertz told his place in Chelsea starting XI may already be under threat
- Inside Mauro Icardi’s wife Wanda Nara’s amazing life including sex tape denials and love triangle with her ex Maxi Lopez
- Chelsea star Hakim Ziyech makes return to action following injury with an assist in Morocco’s 3-1 win over Senegal
- Rumour Has It: Tottenham keeping an eye on Ramos, Wijnaldum set to decide Liverpool future
- Southampton eye Mamadou Sakho as Chelsea-bound Virgil Van Dijk's replacement
The latest transfer rumours as Chelsea eye up £100m Icardi have 672 words, post on www.leicestermercury.co.uk at January 8, 2019. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.