MANILA, Philippines — The Larong Volleyball sa Pilipinas, Inc. (LVPI) is optimistic of the country’s chances in the 2019 Southeast Asian Games after the country’s best players turned out in droves during tryouts for the national team. LVPI president Peter Cayco said national coaches Shaq Delos Santos (women’s) and Dante Alinsunurin (men’s) now have a “good problem” at their disposal in the wake of the large number of players who showed up and signified certified their intentions to play for flag and country. “The two-day tryouts for the women’s national team was very good. All the players we were expecting arrived and attended the tryouts,” said Cayco. “Now for the men’s volleyball team tryouts, nagmukhang miniscule ‘yung sa women’s because a total of 85 attended the tryouts for the men’s volleyball team. We’re very happy, the LVPI is very happy.” The number of players that showed up gives the LVPI renewed confidence of at least winning a medal in the SEA Games, scheduled for November 30 to December 11. “Podium finish ‘yan for the men’s and women’s. Kulay na lang ang pag-uusapan,” announced Cayco at the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) Forum on Tuesday at the Tapa King Restaurant at Farmers… Read full this story
- UAE Emir's son found dead in Knightsbridge penthouse 'threw drug-fuelled orgies attended by high-class prostitutes, took meth so sex lasted longer and turned into a "monster" after a heavy weekend of partying'
- Why Air France's Gay Flight Attendants Still Have to Fly to Tehran—For Now
- 'Systemic sexism won't fly': Eight female pilots and flight attendants sue Frontier Airlines claiming they were discriminated against while pregnant and while breastfeeding
- Charlize Theron exudes pure glamour as she attends the Bombshell premiere alongside Margot Robbie and Nicole Kidman
- The Nostalgia Is Strong: What the Cast of
- What Christmas at Sandringham is REALLY like: From 'viciously competitive' board games to Prince Philip's 'very strong' cocktails, experts reveal how the royal celebrations are 'wonderfully relaxed'
- Children's football match turns into 20-strong mass brawl including spectators and players as police are called after '14-year-old boy is punched in the face'
- Jersey Shore, Ring of Honor Stars Attend Latest WWE Tryout
- Donald Trump Jr Trolls Kaepernick After Tryout Debacle
- WATCH: Kaepernick Responds To Backlash Over Skipped Tryout, Blames The NFL
News Volleyball: LVPI upbeat after strong attendance for tryouts have 388 words, post on news.abs-cbn.com at February 12, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.