Political communication is serious business MANILA, Philippines — Individuals seek public office for a gamut of reasons. It may be to advance a cause and make sure that it is prioritized by the government, to help people raise their standard of living, or to stir change and improve the way public initiatives are usually done. That’s why we see all sorts of persons enter the political arena—there’s the incumbent official seeking for another term in office and making sure that his projects are continuously carried out, a lawyer pushing for the rights and privileges of a particular group of people, a journalist who, through the eye of the camera and regular field observations, has seen the plight of different communities, and so on and so forth. Having strong desire to serve others though is not enough to influence the public and win votes come election day. There’s a whole system that runs behind moving an electorate successfully, and it entails more than a strong campaign strategy, but an effective media and information management method of political communication. What is political communication According to British author Brian McNair, political communication looks into all kinds of political discourses undertaken by politicians and… Read full this story
- The Political Education of Silicon Valley
- China's ZTE almost back in business thanks to Trump, while lawmakers race to keep sanctions in place
- Why Facebook Will Struggle to Regulate Political Ads
- Inside Facebook’s Stormy Debate Over 'Political Diversity'
- An Obscure Concealed Carry Group Spent Millions on Facebook Political Ads
- 'A political choice': UN envoy says UK can help all who hit hard times
- The problematic origins of common business jargon
- The T-Mobile-Sprint Merger Is Scrambling Telecom Politics
- Altruism Still Fuels the Web. Businesses Love to Exploit It
- Mission Mosquito Program Builds International Health Communication Network
Political communication is serious business have 306 words, post on www.philstar.com at February 17, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.