This will see the adoption of green initiatives in libraries, among them promoting digital libraries, e-books, green travel such as using bicycles, reducing the use of paper and plastic, and recycling waste. More than 600 libraries across the country will participate in the project, which aims to tackle climate change in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’s Goal 13: Climate Action, SET Senior Executive Vice President Krisada Sektrakul said on Monday. He added that the SET and 33 capital-market organisations held several eco events during the period July to December 2018, which had successfully reduced emissions of 1,472 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent to the amount obtained from growing approximately 163,509 trees. This year, SET will be reaching out to allies in the public, private and social sectors to synergise efforts in reducing in global warming and make changes in a tangible way including through tree planting.
- Greenpeace guest post: Time for real IT Leadership in tackling Climate Change
- IBM pledges help tackle climate change with its virtual supercomputer
- It's Time to Stop Analyzing Donald Trump's Climate Change Beliefs
- Cities Need to Look Beyond Their Borders When Fighting Climate Change
- New Jersey’s New Governor Is Kicking Chris Christie’s Ass on Climate Change
- Nurses Mobilize to Lead the Fight Against Climate Change
- These Climate Change Emojis Are Peak 2018
- Ryan Zinke Is Wiping Out the Department of Interior's Climate Change Policies
- Scientists Aren't Sure What Climate Change Did to Harvey
- A Reminder That We Have Heard Basically Nothing About Climate Change This Election
SET, TLA join to tackle climate change have 256 words, post on www.nationmultimedia.com at February 17, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.