Doncaster health bosses are putting in plans to try to stem a feared shortage of nurses at GP surgeries. Special training schemes are being put in place to fast track nurses into the specific skills needed for the job in general practice, and doctors are re-organising their operations to make sure they are covered where any shortages may arise. The move comes as Doncaster NHS has held its first annual awards for GPs nurses.Dr Dean Eggitt, the chief executive of the Doncaster Local Medical Committee, which represents the interest of the borough’s family doctors, said work was being done to address the issue, which comes on top of an ongoing shortage of GPs.He said: “It has been estimated we have lost 30 per cent of GPs in the last five years. We used to have 240 GPs. “But we are having the same now with nurses, because so many of them are hitting retirement age. “We are very lucky in South Yorkshire that we have Dr Ben Jackson, who is a GP in Conisbrough, who is creating a way to train nurses here in South Yorkshire, rather than putting them through a three year degree.“GP nurses recruitment used to be… Read full this story
- Deals: 32-Inch Samsung 1080p Curved Monitor, Dell XPS 8930
- After January 9 AT&T DirecTV Now’s 100 streaming channels for $35 deal is over
- Sunday's best deals: true wireless earbuds, the Pixel 3a, and more!
- Get 20GB a month on Windscribe's free VPN plan with this coupon code
- Pizza Express unveil Christmas menu deal for £20.95 and it includes a glass of fizz
- Boris vows to honour his bold manifesto pledges - but is it realistic and how much will it cost? £2.8bn on 50,000 more nurses £24bn on building new hospitals and £1.1bn on 20,000 new police officers
- Two in five GPs in England intend to quit within five years – survey
- Fears for NHS as apprenticeships fail to plug gaps left by Brexit brain drain
- London hospital drops chemotherapy due to nursing shortage
- U.K. warned of fleeing business and food shortages as no-deal Brexit looms larger
Doncaster’s top nurses honoured as plans made to deal with feared shortage in GP practices have 353 words, post on www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk at March 11, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.