SINGAPORE – Addressing rumours that she might be fielded as a People’s Action Party candidate in the next election, Changi Airport Group vice-president Poh Li San said if she was given the chance to serve Sembawang residents at a deeper level, she would gladly do so. But it is still too early to tell if she will be offered the chance to take part in the next polls, Ms Poh told the media on the sidelines of the inaugural Women’s Festival 2019 at Kampung Admiralty on Sunday (March 24). The next general election must be held by April 2021. “If there is an opportunity for me to serve residents at a deeper level, I will be most honoured to do so, and I will do my best as well,” said the 44-year-old. ”At this moment, it is still uncertain and is really up to anybody’s guess.” “Right now, I am focused on making sure that I do my job well, run my events well in Sembawang and contribute to the community,” she added. Ms Poh first came to prominence as a female helicopter pilot in the Republic of Singapore Air Force, conducting search and rescue operations in a Super Puma helicopter. She was… Read full this story
- Cryptic call from 'all zeroes' phone number received by NASA chief was from US Vice President Mike Pence congratulating the space agency on the safe landing of Mars InSight probe
- Vice President meets leaders of Victoria state
- Vice President Pence Promotes NASA’s Future With Visit To Ames Research Center
- Renowned Veterans Advocate Kim Mitchell to Join National University as Senior Vice President of Military, Veterans and Government Affairs
- Former Vice President Joe Biden 'probably the leader' in South Carolina among Democratic 2020 contenders: Rep. James Clyburn
- ACCESS DMC Appoints Jim Cavanagh as Senior Vice President of Sales
- TouchPoint Welcomes New Vice President of Product & Strategy
- NPA crisis will improve the credit market: Rashesh Shah, Edelweiss Group
- Twitter Details Its Political Ad Ban as Civil Rights Groups Ask, What About the Nazis?
- Vicky Pryce yet to decide if she will appeal against sentence, lawyers say
I'm willing to enter politics if offered the chance, says Changi Airport Group vice-president Poh Li San have 354 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at March 24, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.