CHRISTCHURCH: Malaysians living in Christchurch have insisted that New Zealand remains a safe place despite the mass shootings on Friday (Mar 14), stating that the outpouring of support has brought them together amid some lingering fear and trauma. Three Malaysians were shot in the attack and remain in hospital, although the country’s foreign ministry said on Tuesday they were making steady progress and responding positively to treatment.But Ipoh native Sam Yau, who has lived in Christchurch for 35 years, said the attacks and the fact that there were Malaysian victims have not changed his perception of the peaceful nation.”I still think that New Zealand is one of the safest countries in the world,” he told Channel NewsAsia on Tuesday. “We can’t deny the fact that it happened here. But I have no problems going out.”Mr Yau, who is also president of the Canterbury Malaysian Society Inc. (CMSI) - the largest Malaysian association on the South Island – said none of the organisation’s 100 members have gone to him to express concerns about safety.They haven’t changed their daily routine either. Ms Sabidah Abu Bakar, 65, was kept in her office till Friday evening because of the lockdown in the city in the aftermath of the attack.”After getting notice… Read full this story
- Natural Breast Enlargement - Safest and Most Effective Way You Should Go
- Knowing The Climate In A Country Is Important If You Are Going To Write On It
- Fear of Flying and What You Can Do About It
- Do You Have A Fear Of Public Speaking?
- Fear of Failure and How to Overcome It
- Country Properties - House Buyers' Top 10 Requirements For a Rural House Search
- Country Kitchen Design
- Christchurch Accommodation Uniquely New Zealand
- The Other Side of Christchurch
- Trauma - A Misunderstood Phenomenon
'One of the safest countries': Some fear and trauma, but Malaysians in Christchurch aren't going anywhere have 303 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at March 19, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.