Sinclair Broadcast Group said Friday it agreed to buy 21 regional sports television networks from Walt Disney Co. in a deal worth $10.6 billion. The regional sports networks were part the assets of Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox sold to Disney in a blockbuster $71 billion deal completed earlier this year. Disney was required to sell off the sports broadcasters under an agreement with US antitrust regulators. The sports operations include local rights to 14 Major League Baseball teams, 16 National Basketball Association teams, and 12 National Hockey League teams. It had some $3.8 billion in revenue and 74 million subscribers in 2018. Sinclair will merge the operations with its existing sports businesses including the Marquee Sports Network and Tennis Channel. “This is a very exciting transaction for Sinclair to be able to acquire highly complementary assets,” said Chris Ripley, Sinclair’s president and chief executive. “While consumer viewing habits have shifted, the tradition of watching live sports and news remains ingrained in our culture. As one of the largest local news producers in the country and an experienced producer of sports content, we are ideally positioned to transfer our skills to deliver and expand our focus on greater premium sports… Read full this story
- The 10 Mistakes We Make At Networking Events and How To Avoid Them
- Third Global Site Goes Live On 3eep Sports Networking Platform
- Networking - 10 Action Tips for Business Networking Success
- 10 Secrets to Succeed in Network Marketing
- Using Pay Per Click Advertising to Build Your Network Marketing Business
- Sports Broadcasting Blackouts
- 3 Places to Generate 20 Leads Per Day to Your Network Marketing Business For Free
- Is Pay Per Click a Wise Choice To Grow Your Network Marketing Business?
- Network Marketing & Why
- MySpace - The Origins And Features Of The MySpace Social Network
Sinclair to pay Disney $10.6 bn for Fox regional sports networks have 294 words, post on en.rfi.fr at May 3, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.