It’s official – Avengers: Endgame has achieved the biggest five-day opening weekend of all time in Singapore.
The final Avengers installment took in a whopping S$7.52 million between 24 and 28 April. This totally eclipses the record held by Avengers: Infinity War last year, which raked in over a million dollars less at S$6.13 million. The previous record holder for a five-day opening was 2011’s Transformers: Dark Of The Moon.
Endgame’s strong showing locally is keeping pace with worldwide opening weekend figures – it’s the number one movie in at least 54 countries and has smashed global box office records with US$1.2 billion worldwide.
The three-hour war against Thanos also saw chart-topping numbers in North America with US$350 million at the tills, obliterating the previous record-holder, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which made US$248 million in opening-weekend sales.
At the rate it’s going, Endgame has a good chance of zooming past Infinity War – currently Singapore’s biggest film – which had a total run of S$16.2 million.
- Box Office Flops - More Than Meets the Eye?
- US Box Office: Titanic (1997) Deconstructed
- You are the Box Office Smash: The Personal Screenplay
- How a poster makes a box office hit
- Fixing â€œThis office open XML file title.docx cannot be opened...â€� error while opening Word doc f
- Concert Tickets Online - It Pays To Think Outside The Box Office To Secure Those Ultra-Hot Seats
- Spirituality Shines At Summer Box Office
- Movie 300 - Box Office Success
- Screenwriting: Box Office Blockbusters Deconstructed
- The Office Open XML file Building Blocks.dotx cannot be openedâ€™ Error in MS Word