Lifestyle The previous record holder for a five-day opening was 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War. 29 Apr 2019 01:46PM (Updated: 29 Apr 2019 08:37PM) Bookmark It’s official – Avengers: Endgame has achieved the biggest five-day opening weekend of all time in Singapore.The final Avengers instalment took in a whopping S$7.52 million between Apr 24 and 28. This eclipses the record held by Avengers: Infinity War last year, which raked in over a million dollars less at S$6.13 million. Before Infinity War, the record for a five-day opening was 2011’s Transformers: Dark Of The Moon.Endgame’s strong showing locally is keeping pace with worldwide opening weekend figures – it’s the No 1 movie in at least 54 countries and has smashed global box office records with US$1.2 billion worldwide.The three-hour war against Thanos also saw chart-topping numbers in North America with US$350 million at the tills, obliterating the previous record-holder, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which made US$248 million in opening-weekend sales.At the rate it’s going, Endgame has a good chance of zooming past Infinity War – currently Singapore’s biggest film – which had a total run of S$16.2 million.
- The Box Office Buyout Returns
- The Cavs Box Office Buyout returns tomorrow
- It’s Another Cavs Box Office Buyout!
- The Final Cavs Box Office Buyout
- The Cavs Box Office Buyout Is Back
- ‘Lombardi’ gets Super Bowl bounce at box office
- The Cavs Box Office Buyout Returns
- The Box Office Buyout Is Back on Tues.
- Kent State scores biggest win in program history
- Indiana scores 73 in season opener
Avengers: Endgame scores biggest box office opening in Singapore have 257 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.