KUALA LUMPUR: China has never questioned the friendship and mutual trust it shares with Malaysia under the Pakatan Harapan government. Chinese Ambassador to Malaysia Bai Tian said he never thought of the PH government as being “against China” nor was the Chinese government offended by Putrajaya’s decision to review the former’s projects here. “Tun M is a long-time partner of China. He has a track record of being friendly with China. “We should distinguish between overall bilateral relations with specific projects,” he said at a roundtable with the Malaysian media at the Chinese Embassy here, Thursday. The ambassador said China’s leader and its people regard Dr Mahathir as a respected leader, and would never forget Dr Mahathir’s initiative in bringing China to the Asean table. “He is the father of today’s robust Asean plus China cooperation,“ he added. Bai Tian said Dr Mahathir’s participation at the upcoming 2nd Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation (BRI Summit) would enable the Prime Minister to exchange views with other leaders on the Chinese initiative. Dr Mahathir is also expected to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang on an official meeting in which they are expected to exchange views on… Read full this story
- Seven key questions in 70 years of the UN security council
- Five things being discussed for a new coronavirus relief bill
- US ‘Narco-Terrorism’ Charges Against Maduro May Be Pretext for Panama-Style Invasion, Observer Warns
- First on the White House agenda – the collapse of the global order. Next, war?
- Wait, Jared Kushner is the coronavirus guru now?
- Tony Blair interview: the full transcript
China has never questioned new government: Envoy have 280 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.