Filipino experts develop quake-resistant desk for pre-schoolers (Philstar.com) – April 26, 2019 – 12:53pm MANILA, Philippines — Local experts developed an “earthquake-proof” study desk for pre-school children that is also equipped with a warning system, the Department of Science and Technology said Friday. In a release issued days after the strong earthquakes that hit Luzon and Visayas, the department’s Science and Technology Information Institute said a group of researchers from the Philippine Normal University, De La Salle University and the Technological University of the Philippines developed a “high impact-proof automated study desk” for pre-schoolers. The desk which serves as “a survival tool and a teaching aid to initiate ‘active’ disaster preparation” is called LAMESA or Life-Saving Automated Mesa to Endure Seismic Activity. The research team led by Dr. Marie Paz Morales said it has developed not only a resilient study desk but also a warning system when earthquakes occur, a safety infrastructure for students to use and a learning tool to “passive” disaster preparation of kindergarten pupils. “Though we instill earthquake preparation in the curriculum or in the lessons teachers teach, this ‘passive’ preparedness may not holistically develop survival skills among the young,” Morales said. ‘LAMESA’ This handout from DOST… Read full this story
- Are Singaporean pre-schoolers more independent than we think they can be?
- Edmund Chen helps create picture book to teach pre-schoolers about Total Defence
- PCF to make 15,000 more places for pre-schoolers in next five years
- Are coding classes beneficial for pre-schoolers?
- Pre-schooler is a 'haze detector', says his mum
- Filipino health experts developing dengue test kit
- New booklet launched to teach pre-schoolers toilet cleanliness
- Beauty market targeting pre-schoolers grows in South Korea amid criticism
- More pre-schoolers down with food poisoning
Filipino experts develop quake-resistant desk for pre-schoolers have 286 words, post on www.philstar.com at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.