Date created : 29/04/2019 – 10:04 Brest (France) (AFP) A fire broke out Monday on a cruise ferry carrying hundreds of passengers from Britain to Spain, but the blaze was brought under control with no-one hurt, French maritime authorities said.The ship, operated by France’s Brittany Ferries, raised the alarm around 4:00 am (0200 GMT) when a fire was detected in one of the two engine rooms as it was off the coast of northwest France.”The fire was quickly brought under control and there were no injured among the 766 passengers and 142 crew,” the regional maritime authorities said.A French navy helicopter carrying firefighters and experts was dispatched to the vessel which was travelling from the southern English port of Plymouth to Santander in northern Spain.On board were travellers from Britain, France, Spain, the United States, China and Poland.The MV Pont-Aven, which can carry up to 2,400 passengers and 650 cars, is the largest vessel in the company’s fleet, measuring 184 metres (603 foot) in length. It will dock at a port in the northwestern Brittany region later on Monday. ? 2019 AFP
- Stephen Lawrence murder suspect ‘fled to Spain and used fake name in bid to dodge cops trying to smash his drug empire’
- How might Spain attract more British tourists?
- Britain ‘hotter than Spain’ but cold snap hits tomorrow – how will you be affected by this crazy weather forecast?
- Chloe Ferry reveals new bum in skin coloured bodysuit at MTV EMAs
- Chloe Ferry admits she pooed herself on a water slide in Benidorm in front of boyfriend Sam Gowland
- 'This is what Spain’s pivot to the far-right means for British expats'
- Spain 'Has to Play to the Gallery Over Gibraltar' Amid Brexit
- Spain: Sunday's EU summit on Brexit could be called off over Gibraltar
- Chloe Ferry twerks in an orange bikini as she smokes a shisha on holiday in Dubai
- MOST WANTED: Police sources claim violent gang crime escalating on Spain’s Costa del Sol
Fire breaks out on Britain-Spain ferry, no-one hurt have 326 words, post on www.france24.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.