MANILA, Philippines — Greece was the unanimous choice for our five sisters’ traditional bonding trip. This country’s incredible natural beauty and mind –boggling artifacts of an unbelievable ancient civilization exceeded our expectations. Sisters traveling together appears to be an oddity. People we have met during our travels have a distinct reaction whenever we reveal we are siblings. Many react with delight, some with surprise. A few have the look of incredulity — like it is beyond them to imagine traveling with their own kin. Going on a previous seven-country motor coach tour throughout Europe for one of our sisters’ bonding trips prepared us for this weeklong land adventure dubbed “Classical Greece,” plus a three-night Aegean Sea Cruise. On Day 1, we were free to venture on our own in Athens. We walked along Aleksandras Avenue to the National Archeological Museum where we got our first introduction to the marvels of ancient Greece and then walked around to get a feel for this city named for Athena. Our explorations around the city took us farther, so retracing our steps back to the hotel gave us a good appetite to sample local fare at an outdoor café such as chicken gyros, kebabs… Read full this story
- A royally good time! Princess Olympia of Greece joins Nicky Hilton on the front row at Oscar de la Renta's NYFW show - before enjoying a night out with Princess Mafalda Cecilia of Bulgaria
- Life and death on a superyacht: 'If something goes wrong, they can just raise the anchor and leave'
- Dauntless Aruna: The pioneer of Euthanasia debate breathes her last
- Change in UK Treatment of Dual-Resident Companies May Affect U.S. Tax Planning
- Social Promotion
- Five things we learned about Merkel from her conference speech
- Germany's experienced but hardline finance minister moved into new role: sources
- Royal weddings are considered as fairytales, but they used to be high-stakes diplomacy
- Royal weddings might be considered fairytales now — but they used to be strategic political events
- Father of suspect in Texas mass shooting believes son was bullied
Five sisters in Greece have 342 words, post on www.philstar.com at April 20, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.