An alleged follower of Sri Lankan bombing leader Zahran Hashim is to appear in a southern Indian court Tuesday after admitting he wanted to carry out an attack in India’s Kerala, investigators said. The accused, identified as Riyas A, alias Riyas Aboobacker, 29, was arrested Monday by India’s National Investigation Agency (NIA), which handles counter-terrorism cases. During interrogation, he allegedly “disclosed that he has been following speeches/videos of Zahran Hashim of Sri Lanka for more than a year”, an NIA statement said. “He admitted that he wanted to carry out a suicide attack in Kerala,” a southern Indian state, it added. Hashim was a Sri Lankan Muslim preacher who led the coordinated Easter Sunday suicide attacks on churches and hotels in Sri Lanka, killing 253 people in one of the world’s deadliest terrorist attacks. Military sources have said Hashim was not known to have visited Syria or Iraq, but travelled to Tamil Nadu state — which borders Kerala — and had been in contact with Islamists there. Hashim also appeared in a video released by the Islamic State group, showing him leading others in pledging allegiance to IS chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. IS has claimed responsibility for the Sri Lanka… Read full this story
- Sri Lanka Holidays And Its British Appeal
- An Exploration Into Eurasians - The Burghers of Sri Lanka
- Wars in Asia - War and Peace in Sri Lanka, the Messed Paradise
- Wars in Asia - War and Peace in Sri Lanka, the Chaos and Stumbling Blocks
- Budget Hotels in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Hotels - In the Lap of Nature
- Top 5 Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Star Hotels in Sri Lanka - An Experience of True Luxury
- Black Tea - India vs Ceylon (Sri Lanka)
- Is Imperial Formosa Oolong Tea Available from India or Sri Lanka?
Follower of Sri Lanka bomber sought India attack: police have 303 words, post on en.rfi.fr at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.