By Jennifer Wells Business Columnist Tues., April 30, 2019 It’s gotta hurt in some quarters — Oshawa — to hear General Motors CEO Mary Barra crowing about the ongoing refocusing of the automaker. “We are selling every truck we build,” Barra told analysts on a first-quarter conference call Tuesday morning. Sales of the revamped Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra were up 20 per cent, year over year. Barra placed an emphasis not just on growth, but on showroom stickers. The new truck models are selling at the highest prices ever, Barra said. Nearly $6,000 (U.S.) higher than the outgoing models. “Outgoing” is code for “Oshawa,” where the plant had once been hard at work on the finishing assembly of the 2018 Sierra and Silverado models. GM HQ had made it clear at the time of its half-billion investment in the Oshawa truck works, which transformed a vastly underused car line to a pickup line, that this was merely a stopgap measure as it transitioned to the assembly of new models. The legacy truck platform, known as K2, would be Oshawa’s. The new generation pickups (T1) would go to Fort Wayne, Ind. It’s only natural that the CEO would front-end load… Read full this story
- Safety advocates urge lawmakers to steer clear of larger trucks in appropriations bill
- Hawaii volcano's two-story lava wall blocks crucial escape route, residents urged to steer clear of toxic cloud
- Detroit Lions steer clear of NFL anthem policy, a 'touchy subject'
- Dallas diner amends its message on receipts after NRA tells attendees to 'steer clear'
- Angela Krislinzki is trying to steer clear of controversies
- ‘Tis the season of newborn moose calves in Anchorage. Here’s your annual reminder to steer clear.
- Trump Steering Clear of Messy House Immigration Fight
- Inexperienced investors should steer clear of ICOs (or at least follow these 8 tips)
- Steer clear of visa woes
- Meet the face behind the Northampton sports group who is helping children steer clear of crime
GM’s Mary Barra steers clear of rough corporate news have 330 words, post on www.thestar.com at April 30, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.