NILAI: Goods worth RM27.36 million were seized and 651,075 business premises inspected in nationwide operations last year, Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry enforcement director Datuk Iskandar Halim Sulaiman said today. He said 10,265 investigation papers were opened and 25,439 complaints received during the same period. “For this year, 183,043 premises have been inspected throughout the country with 4,084 investigation papers opened for various offences involving seizures of goods worth RM28.86 million. A total of 5,330 complaints have been received and all have been investigated,” he said at the ministry’s 47th Enforcement Day celebration in Mantin, near here. The celebration, themed ‘Fast and Efficient’, was officiated by Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail. Iskandar Halim said one of the biggest successes of the trade enforcement division last year was in crippling an investment scam which resulted in seizures of goods worth RM980,000. The operations were jointly conducted with the National Revenue Recovery Enforcement Team (NRRET) and the police. “Apart from this, we also sealed various foreign currencies totalling RM93,000, movable assets of RM5.3 million from 72 accounts and 26 vehicles worth RM6.2 million which were investigated under the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of… Read full this story
- Seize trade opportunities, businesses told
- China raises tariffs on U.S. goods, accuses Trump of "trade bullyism"
- Central Highlands region reports good growth in industry & trade
- Trump sees 'very good chance' of China trade deal, says no link to Biden probe request
- Woman shares the tactics that got her £900 worth of freebies in under a year
- The Good Pub Guide 2020: Pub of the Year announced as price of pint soars by 10p
- The good fortune behind Cutty Sark's 150 years
- NYC High School Teacher Lured Girls With Good Grades, Drugs and Alcohol, Maintained 4-Year Sexual Relationship with Student
- Markets Right Now: Trade worries send stock indexes lower
- Better management on C/O needed to avoid trade frauds in Vietnam
Goods worth RM27m seized in trade enforcement ops last year have 319 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.