The Toronto Raptors are home once again to try and take care of business in Game 2 against the Philadelphia 76ers.
The Raptors are trying to do something Monday night they’ve only done once in their history.
Taking a 1-0 lead over the Philadelphia 76ers into Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals, Toronto can go up 2-0 in a best-of-seven series for only the second time. They won the first two games of an opening round series with the Washington Wizards last season and eventually closed that out in six games.
The Raptors will be looking for a repeat performance from Kawhi Leonard, who scored a personal playoff high 45 points in Game 1 while also trying to keep Sixers all-star centre Joel Embiid in check. Embiid had just 16 points in Game 1 after averaging more than 24 points per game in the first round of the playoffs.
Game 3 is scheduled for Thursday night in Philadelphia and Game 4 is there on Sunday afternoon.
76ers 26, Raptors 17
Facing a far more aggressive Philadelphia defence than they saw in Game 1, the Raptors struggled to score right from the outset on Monday night.
Toronto missed 16 of 23 shots in the opening quarter and fell behind 26-17 after 12 minutes, one of the largest deficits they’ve faced in five games.
Philadelphia centre Joel Embiid, who missed shootaround Monday morning with a stomach ailment, started and had four points in the quarter, all from the foul line.
Pascal Siakam had five points for Toronto but Kawhi Leonard only got three field goal attempts.
More on the Raptors:
- SEA Games: Curtain falls on troubled Games
- Shares fall in early trade
- Vietnam 0-2 South Korea: Teams meet in tough Asian Games semifinal
- Russia celebrates as curtain falls on Putin's Games
- Ronaldo hits third hat-trick in five games
- Vietnam scores 2-0 win over tough opponent Malaysia at second AFF match
- Microsoft, Sony battle for throne at gaming world's E3
- Vietnam 0-1 UAE: Asian Games playoff for bronze medal
- The rise and fall of Vietnam's biggest-ever drug maker
- Vietnam's top badminton player eyes SEA Games trophy