KUALA LUMPUR: The number of police personnel to be deployed to Sandakan to ensure smooth election process during the by-election for the parliamentary constituency, will be increased, according to Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun. Security control should also be enhanced on the basis of uncertain situation especially in the southern Philippines, which might affect Sabah, he said. So far, over 1,000 police personnel had been stationed in Sandakan to ensure smooth running of the by-election process as the nomination was set for tomorrow, early voting on May 7 and polling on May 11. “I have also given a specific order to Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Omar Mammah and Sandakan Police chief to ensure that the by-election runs safely and peacefully,” he told reporters after visiting the Selayang Hospital here today in conjunction with the 212th Police Memorial Day. Also present were acting Deputy IGP Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador, Selangor Health deputy director Dr Noormi Othman and Selayang Hospital deputy director Dr Tengku Intan Norleen Tengku Shariff. Mohamad Fuzi, however, said the deployment of the police personnel to Sandakan would not involve those in the peninsula as it would involve extra costs. Yesterday, the IGP disclosed… Read full this story
- Ship of Heroes’ teeny-weeny robot nanites ensure smooth sailing for the superhero starship
- This is what it's like to be an election poll worker
- Flexible deployment options for NSX-T Data Center Edge VM
- Military mom leaves behind special gifts for husband, kids to find during six-month deployment
- Reference Guide Update: Deploying NSX Data Center on an ACI Underlay
- The U.S. joins the list of countries whose elections are being observed by professional monitors
- A recount may not change the election. We should have one anyway.
- Top 10 Political WordPress Themes for Elections, Political Parties and Campaigns in 2018
- How the crazy circus of the 2016 election has made room for third parties
- Top National Security Officials Brief Bewildered Nation on Efforts to Combat Election Interference
More policemen to be deployed to ensure smooth Sandakan by-election: IGP have 329 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.