BUDAPEST – China’s Ma Long captured a third world table tennis title on Sunday, completing a dream comeback after six months on the sidelines with a knee injury. The 30-year-old, nicknamed the ‘Dragon’, defeated Sweden’s Mattias Falck 4-1 in the final. Ma is only the third man to claim three world titles after Victor Barna, who claimed four between 1932 and 1935, and Zhuang Zedong, the 1961, 1963 and 1965 champion. In the women’s event, Liu Shiwen downed Chinese compatriot Chen Meng 4-2. Ma also went home with the men’s doubles gold, teaming with Wang Chuqin while China completed the clean-sweep when Wang Manyu and Sun Yingsha took the women’s doubles title. Finals results Men’s singles: Ma Long (CHN) bt Mattias Falck (SWE) 4-1 (11-5, 11-7, 7-11, 11-9, 11-7) Women’s singles: Liu Shiwen (CHN) bt Chen Meng (CHN) 4-2 (9-11, 11-7, 11-7, 7-11, 11-0, 11-9) Women’s doubles: Wang Manyu/Sun Yingsha (CHN) bt Hina Hayata/Mima Ito (JPN) 4-2 (8-11, 3-11, 11-8, 11-3, 12-10, 11-8) Men’s doubles: Ma Long/Wang Chuqin (CHN) bt Ovidiu Ionescu/Alvaro Robles (ROM) 4-1 (11-3, 8-11, 11-7, 11-3, 11-5) bur/sk/dj/jc For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.
- How To Train Your Dragon Box Office: The Hidden World Soars With Franchise-Best Opening Weekend
- The Original Plans for 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' and 'The Hidden World' Were Very Different
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' Trailer: A New World of Dragons is Discovered
- Vote for Melbourne to take the World title
- Virginia man eats 40 dozen oysters in 8 minutes to win world title
- Norwegian Cruise Line partners with Alibaba Group to enter the China cruise market
- DoubleTree by Hilton enters Wuhu, China
- DoubleTree by Hilton enters Hangzhou, China
- Media regulator says China will be the world's biggest film market by 2020
- China Eastern Airlines launched world 1st inflight shopping festival "Air to Home"
News Re-enter the 'Dragon': China's Ma Long captures third world title have 318 words, post on news.abs-cbn.com at April 27, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.