No proof of ouster plot a week after ‘expose,’ VERA Files points out MANILA, Philippines — News organization VERA Files on Monday called out Malacañang and the Manila Times, saying the allegation that three media outlets and a group of pro bono lawyers are conspiring to boot President Rodrigo Duterte out of office have yet to be substantiated. In a statement Monday, VERA Files condemned what it called the “spread of falsehood” by presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo and Manila Times chairman emeritus Dante Ang, who is also the president’s special envoy for international public relations. A diagram—released last week in an exclusive banner story of Manila Times and later that day in a press briefing at the Palace—alleged that the National Union of Peoples’ Lawyers, VERA Files, Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism and Rappler are plotting against Duterte and being linked to an anonymously posted video alleging the Dutertes are involved in illegal drugs. “One week has passed and Malacañang and the Manila Times have not come up with anything to back up their false report alleging that journalists, news organizations and a lawyers’ group were involved in an oust-Duterte plot,” VERA Files said. The Manila Times report was based on a… Read full this story
- Chron's girls athlete of the week: Aleighyah Fontenot, Ridge Point
- This Week in Late Night: Reality Is Hacky
- This Week in Late Night: Trump Is Not
- This Week in Comedy Podcasts: Tompkins, Lapkus, and Aukerman’s
- Try these Aloe Vera products for a hydrated, supple and soft skin
- Intimate details of 3 MILLION Facebook users were exposed in a new data leak, including the results of personal psychological tests
- Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 – Raksha Somashekhar On Her Ouster From The Show
- Facebook is under fire yet again after it emerges popular quiz apps on the site exposed the private data of up to 120 MILLION users for years
- Impeachment week has arrived. Here's the latest.
- 'I think I had just come home from happy hour': Woman who claimed a Washington Post restaurant critic exposed her cheating husband admits to making up the whole story
No proof of ouster plot a week after 'expose,' VERA Files points out have 356 words, post on www.philstar.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.