SINGAPORE – A short film from Singapore has been selected for the Directors’ Fortnight at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, to be held next month.The animation work, Piece Of Meat, directed by Huang Junxiang and Jerrold Chong, joins other Singapore works – such as Eric Khoo’s drama Be With Me (2005), Ho Tzu Nyen’s experimental Here (2009) and Anthony Chen’s family drama Ilo Ilo (2013) – in being selected for the independent sidebar programme celebrating originality and creativity that runs parallel to the main Cannes festival. Please subscribe or log in to continue reading the full article. Learn more about ST PREMIUM. Enjoy unlimited access to ST’s best work Exclusive stories and features on multiple devicesIn-depth analyses and opinion piecesePaper and award-winning multimedia content Subscribe Now
- Gould’s grades: Film review, scouting report on Miami Hurricanes freshman CB Nigel Bethel
- Watch Boris Diaw’s short film Easylife, starring Cedric the Entertainer
- Boyhood wins best director and best film awards at Golden Globe Awards
- The short films with the big picture
- Time to get a move on: is British film animation set for a rapid revival?
- Suffolk’s ‘old, beautiful and mysterious mansions’ make perfect setting for Dean Cain’s new horror film The Seven
- The 17 current Oscar-nominated films that have been seen the least
- Why the Cannes Film Festival matters more to movie lovers than the Oscars
- Team Singapore Triumphed The IFMP; Team India Secured 6th Position
- Ram’s Peranbu to be screened at a film festival in Germany
Short film from Singapore selected for Cannes Film Festival have 253 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.