SINGAPORE – A short film from Singapore has been selected for the Directors’ Fortnight at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, to be held next month.
The animation work, Piece Of Meat, directed by Huang Junxiang and Jerrold Chong, joins other Singapore works – such as Eric Khoo’s drama Be With Me (2005), Ho Tzu Nyen’s experimental Here (2009) and Anthony Chen’s family drama Ilo Ilo (2013) – in being selected for the independent sidebar programme celebrating originality and creativity that runs parallel to the main Cannes festival.
- The long and short of it
- Singapore art show in HCMC seeks college applicants
- Local movie bids for Cannes award
- Filmmaker talks film and recent success
- Social News 23/11
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 24/4
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 30/8
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 25/7
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 15 - 30 (daily updated)
- Tang Thanh Ha - Hai Yen - Dustin Nguyen