A man who made appearances as Darth Vader at film premieres and fan conventions will sell a costume created in 1979 by the Star Wars design team at an auction of classic movie memorabilia next month, auction house Bonhams said. The 17-piece ensemble includes the villain’s black mask, boots, a pair of capes and a cod piece, said the auctioneers, who estimated it could sell for between $1 million and $2 million. The seller is Bryce “Kermit” Eller, whose deep voice helped him land a job making public appearances as Vader at premieres, book signings, conventions and the 1978 Academy Awards. The costume going up for auction is one of a handful of Vader outfits produced in 1979 by the team of Star Wars costume designer John Mollo in London for the movie The Empire Strikes Back, Bonhams said. It is unclear if any pieces were used on screen before they were given to Eller. The components are made from leather, wool, silk, fiberglass and other materials, Eller said in an interview. “It’s really, really hot,” Eller said. “You’ve got multiple layers. It takes about 25 minutes to put it on, and you’ve got to have assistance.” Read also: Disney ‘Star Wars’ attractions… Read full this story
- Star Wars baddies join light side as they pose with priests and choristers
- Iceland names street after Darth Vader
- Margaret Atwood asserts 'Star Wars: A New Hope' inspired 9/11
- Star Wars producer pays tribute to Carrie Fisher as Episode 9 starts filming
- Hasbro’s biggest Star Wars toy costs £355 and weighs over six kilos
- Mark Hamill says filming final Star Wars film without Carrie Fisher was ‘bittersweet’
- Unseen footage of Carrie Fisher to feature in next Star Wars film
- Who is Hayden Christensen, when did the Star Wars star date Rachel Bilson and does he like sand?
- Star Wars Episode 9 cast from Daisy Ridley and John Boyega to Adam Driver and Oscar Isaac
- What is the best order to watch the Star Wars movies in? From the machete to chronological and original viewing orders
'Star Wars' Darth Vader costume could go for $2 million at auction have 343 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at April 24, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.