SINGAPORE: Tampines Mall was closed temporarily following a fire that broke out in the shopping centre on Thursday (Apr 18) afternoon.Footage posted on Twitter showed flames near an escalator as a thick cloud of smoke rose into the air. Customers were seen scrambling to safety.In an update on the mall’s Facebook page, it said that a small fire had broken out in the mall atrium.”The fire has been put out. As a safety precaution, we have temporarily closed the mall,” according to the update.One eyewitness said that several police vehicles, an ambulance and a fire engine were seen at the site.”Everyone inside was evacuated,” the CNA reader said.Din Tai Fung, a Chinese restaurant within Tampines Mall, posted on Facebook informing customers that the outlet was temporarily closed.”Due to unforeseen circumstances, our restaurant at Tampines Mall will be temporarily closed,” it said.This story came from a reader tip-off. If you would like to send in photos or videos of something newsworthy, WhatsApp our Mediacorp news hotline at +65 8218 8281 or message us on Facebook.
- Schools temporarily closed over coronavirus concerns
- Vietnam's schools temporarily closed over coronavirus concerns
- Hà Nội temporarily closes relic sites due to coronavirus
- Tesla Temporarily Closes Chinese Stores - Reports
- Hugo Boss temporarily closing some stores in China due to coronavirus
- School District: New Concerns Over Asbestos Will Temporarily Close Francis Hopkinson School
- Popular Bridgeport Bar Temporarily Closes
- Google is temporarily closing ALL of its China offices and restricting business travel to China and Hong Kong to prevent spread of deadly coronavirus
- Ha Tinh province’s cultural and historical sites temporarily closed
- Photos show final days of Sears at South Park Mall after more than 60 years on the South Side
Tampines Mall temporarily closed after fire breaks out have 292 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.