SINGAPORE: Every time freelance writer Clare Lee, 27, uses a changing room when trying on clothes in fashion outlets big and small, she will take a few minutes to inspect every nook and cranny in her cubicle for hidden cameras before feeling safe enough to undress herself.For 27-year-old Fiona, who did not want to give her full name, she will always double-check that the curtains in her bedroom or hotel are fully drawn such that there is not even a teeny-weeny gap for anyone to peek through, and steer clear of unattended baskets in supermarkets.Freelance content creator Hilary See, 27, would refrain from standing near the edge of the escalator where people can look up her skirt, and try to use either a bag or a file to cover the back of her skirt while climbing the stairs.With spycams and phone cameras taking voyeurism to unsavoury new heights, these women are among a growing number of people who have taken extra precautions to protect themselves and their private spaces.As Fiona, who works in the media industry, said of her actions: This might be irrational fear and excessive caution, but it is better to be safe than sorry. We hear so many stories… Read full this story
- Davy Crockett to Donald Trump: 'What in the world is wrong with you?'
- The Big Read: Where kids with and without special needs learn together - and it's not in Singapore
- Why are England wearing red against Sweden, and what is the World Cup 2018 rule about kit clashes?
- Thought Experiment: What Would a World Without Guns Be Like?
- Gourmia's cooling cookers solve a big make-ahead meal problem
- What are the world's rarest diseases?
- What was the world's first underarm deodorant?
- What do men find attractive about a woman's smell?
- So What Are Men's Nipples For, Anyway?
- What should men look for in an all-in-one cleanser?
The Big Read: Singapore’s voyeurism problem – what’s wrong with men, or the world? have 323 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.