President Donald Trump’s taxes show that he lost $1.7 billion over a decade starting in the mid-1980s, The New York Times reported Tuesday. Trump’s apparent losses are greater than nearly any other individual American taxpayer, so much so that he managed to avoid paying income taxes for eight of the 10 years. Trump’s federal tax forms from 1985 show he reported $46.1 million in losses from his main businesses, which consisted mainly of casinos, hotels and retail spaces in apartment buildings. Over the course of the next 10 years, they continued to lose money, with losses totaling $1.7 billion by 1994, the Times said. The report comes the day after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin denied Democratic lawmakers’ request for Trump’s tax returns, saying it “lacks a legitimate purpose,” raised constitutional questions and threatened taxpayer privacy. “I am informing you now that the Department may not lawfully fulfill the committee’s request,” Mnuchin said in a letter to House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal. Mnuchin’s refusal after a month of deliberation appeared certain to spark yet another legal clash between the embattled president and congressional Democrats who now control the House of Representatives.
- Cash Payments, Tax Cuts and Five Other Things to Look For in the Next Coronavirus Relief Bill
- Wall Street bounces back as stimulus hopes soothe recession fears
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area ICU cases tick back upward
- Coronavirus live updates: Navy to widen probe of aircraft carrier with virus outbreak
- Coronavirus live updates: Massive, long term Bay Area studies may shape state’s reopening
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area relaxes curbs on fishing, sunbathing, construction, gardening
- Coronavirus live updates: 30 million newly unemployed in 6 weeks
- Coronavirus live updates: LA to test everyone for free
- Coronavirus live updates: Protests set for May Day
- Coronavirus live updates: Modoc County violates California’s stay-at-home order
Trump taxes show losses of $1.7 billion over decade: Report have 307 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.