REUTERS: The United States recorded 78 new measles cases last week for a total of 704 cases so far this year, the greatest number in a quarter century, federal health officials said on Monday.
The number was up 1.3 percent since the most recent tally of 695 reported on Wednesday, according to The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Some 22 states have recorded cases of the extremely contagious and sometimes deadly disease.
(Reporting by Gabriella Borter in New York and Scott Malone in Boston)
- Minister Wilson Provides Three Health Advisories
- Mother and 2-year-old son seriously injured in CA dog attack
- Find out why Katy, 27, is raising awareness of mental health
- 14 year old charged with attempted murder after stabbing
- Self-harming in Scotland's prisons almost doubles in four years
- Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kigali: June 4, 2018
- Health minister outlines plan of action
- Data breach at Dignity Health affected 56,000 patients, is under investigation
- El-Sayed pitches single-payer health insurance, takes aim at Blue Cross
- Learn how to address mental health concerns