POWAY, UNITED STATES: A teenage gunman who wrote a hate-filled manifesto opened fire at a synagogue in California on Saturday, killing one person and injuring three others, including the rabbi, as worshippers marked the final day of Passover, the authorities said. The shooting in the town of Poway, north of San Diego, came exactly six months after a white supremacist killed 11 people at Pittsburgh’s Tree of Life synagogue – the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in US history. San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said those wounded included the rabbi – who had injuries to both index fingers – as well as a female minor and 34-year-old man who were injured by shrapnel. A 60-year-old woman died from her wounds. Mr Gore identified the suspect, who was arrested after fleeing the scene, as 19-year-old John Earnest and said he had no prior arrest record. He said Earnest burst into the Chabad of Poway synagogue shortly after 11.20am local time and opened fire with an assault weapon that appears to have malfunctioned, preventing him from inflicting more harm. Mr Gore said an off-duty border patrol agent who was at the synagogue opened fire on the gunman as he was… Read full this story
- Deadly knife attack in Japanese city of Kawasaki
- ‘Deadly’ asthma attacks warning
- Deadly knife attack shakes France
- Two men carry out deadly knife attack
- Hate crime charges for California synagogue attack suspect
- Dewsbury cricketers left reeling after arson attack at club
- Taliban claim deadly bomb attack on police in Kabul
- Iraq begins probe into deadly drone attack near border
- Taliban claims deadly Kabul attack amid strained talks with U.S.
- Armed man dead after attacking US immigration jail
US reels from deadly synagogue attack have 284 words, post on www.tnp.sg at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.