Villar joins Poe as frontrunner in new Pulse Asia survey
(Philstar.com) – April 30, 2019 – 2:06pm
MANILA, Philippines — Sen. Cynthia Villar climbed to the top spot of the latest Pulse Asia survey, sharing the lead with fellow re-electionist Sen. Grace Poe.
The poll conducted from April 10 to 14—a month before the May midterm polls—showed that 51.7% of the 1,800 respondents would vote for Villar and 50.5% would vote for Poe, making both re-electionists statistically tied in the first and second place.
Poe, an independent candidate, had consistently emerged as the top choice in previous surveys with Villar following behind.
The polling firm noted that only 14 of the 62 candidates running for senator would have a statistical chance of winning.
Sen. Paolo Benigno “Bam” Aquino was the only one from the opposition slate who made it to the so-called winners’ circle.
Administration-backed bets still dominate the list
Old names emerged on the list, Pulse Asia noted.
“Practically all of the probable winners are current or former members of Congress and among them, 10 are running under the Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HNP) coalition,” the pollster said.
Former lawmaker Lito Lapid rose to fourth to fifth place with a voter preference of 45.7% followed by Taguig Rep. Pia Cayetano with a voter preference of 43.9%.
Former presidential aide Christopher “Bong” Go ranked fourth to eighth with a voter preference of 40.8%, while Sen. Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara placed fourth to ninth with 40.4%.
Those who also have a statistical chance of making it to the winners’ circle were Ramon “Bong” Revilla (38.1%), former Bureau of Corrections chief Ronald Dela Rosa (36.7%), Sen. Nancy Binay (36.2%), Sen. Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III (31.8%), Ilocos Norte Gov. Imee Marcos (29.6%), Jinggoy Estrada (28.8%), Aquino (28.8%) and Sen. JV Ejercito (28.1%).
Former Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas, who previously made it to the winners’ circle, landed at the 14th to 17th spot with a voter preference of 24.5%.
The survey used face-to-face interviews with 1,800 likely voters and has a +/-2.3 percent margin of error. — Gaea Katreena Cabico
- CeBIT 2013: New Big Data Survey shows Potential for Business
- Join GSA in New Orleans for the nation's premier aging conference
- Marvel Comics Veteran and Deadpool Director Join Forces for New X-Men Movie – Report
- New Pulse Wireless Headset Revealed for PS4
- New Nintendo Switch Survey from Japan Shows 10.7% of Respondents Plans to Purchase the Console
- Firms Eager to Try New Sales Technologies, Survey Suggests
- Peter Bailey Joins LABVANTAGE as New CEO
- Insomniac Games Joins EA for New PS3 and Xbox 360 Game
- Former Uncharted Creative Director Joins Visceral for New Star Wars Game
- , devs join up under new studio