Chinese President Xi Jinping addresses a banquet hosted by him and his wife Peng Liyuan in honor of guests attending the Second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation in Beijing, capital of China, April 26, 2019. (Xinhua/Huang Jingwen)
BEIJING, April 26 (Xinhua) — Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Peng Liyuan hosted a banquet Friday evening in honor of guests attending the Second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation in Beijing.
“On behalf of the Chinese government and Chinese people, my wife and also in my own name, let me extend warm welcome to all guests,” Xi said while proposing a toast at the banquet.
“Today’s gathering makes us recall the beautiful memories in our hearts,” Xi said, adding that “no matter how the international environment changes, the sincere friendship will last forever and the mutually beneficial cooperation will be the eternal melody in our hearts.”
The occasion inspires the participants via exchanges of ideas and insights, he said, calling for fostering global partnerships and creating a bright future of common development.
“Today’s gathering reminds us of the heavy responsibilities on our shoulders,” Xi told the guests that as the world is now undergoing profound changes unseen in a century, “may we all live up to our missions and the times.”
“We should all have faith that people of all countries deserve a better future, and the joint building of the Belt and Road will surely bring about a better world,” he said.
Li Keqiang, Li Zhanshu, Wang Yang, Wang Huning, Zhao Leji, Han Zheng and Wang Qishan also attended the banquet.
After the banquet, Xi and his wife accompanied the guests in watching a gala.
- India stands its ground on China’s Belt and Road plan, to skip mega meet
- Agreements worth over $64 billion signed at BRF meet: Chinese president Xi Jinping
- China shores up projects in Nepal, Myanmar under Belt and Road
- Xi sees strong British relations
- Xi unveils steps to help Africa in COVID fight
- Analysis | China’s Belt and Road Initiative fuels Ladakh standoff
- NZ still plotting place in China’s Belt and Road
- Belt and Road: China-Kenya Rail Contract Ruled Illegal
- Xi vows closer ties with Ghana, Mongolia
- Debate erupts over wedding guest’s sheer dress
- IndyCar’s first 2020 races with fans will be July 11-12 at Road America
- Forum focuses on China-Arab strategic ties
- China, Africa to host summit on pandemic
- Isha-Anand reception: Nita Ambani, Swati Piramal twin in pink; newly-wed Saina Nehwal among guests
- FMIA Guest: Michael MacCambridge On Perils Of A 17-Game NFL Season
- Tess Daly and Katherine Jenkins attend David Cameron party
- Chinese connectivity projects across the world have national security element: Mike Pompeo
- Opinion: Wolf Warrior Diplomacy of China is taking a beating
- Initiative offers path to green growth
- Has Beijing been quietly 'grooming' Britain's elite through an exclusive club known as the 48 Group? Tony Blair, Peter Mandelson and Jack Straw have been linked to club which is objecting to book that claims to reveal how China is infiltrating the West
Xi hosts banquet for guests attending Belt and Road forum have 510 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at April 26, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.