How tragic for the 200 chickens who were agonisingly burned to death while trapped in crates in a truck that caught fire on Thursday. But the cruel reality is that these birds would likely have died in agony anyway.
Had they not been killed by the flames they would have been strung up by their ankles from a conveyor belt which would have dipped them in a stun bath and delivered them to an automated throat-cutter. Those who succeeded in avoiding both – as many do – would have been agonisingly boiled alive.
Please open your hearts and your minds. No innocent and inoffensive animal deserves to be treated so mercilessly by us humans. As a vegan of 40 years I can assure you that no cruelty to animals is necessary.
- Queens man indicted in road-race crash that led to fiery death of 3 on Long Island highway
- William Shatner plunges to fiery death in new Priceline commercial
- Prosecutors: Mom accused in infant death exposed kids to meth
- Escaping fiery death, Colorado couple commended for seat-belt use
- Patient burns to death outside Chicago nursing home
- FAMU President James Ammons will keep job as hazing death investigation continues
- Fort Collins infant death case moves toward trial
- Death of Staten Island teen haunts man whose brother died fleeing from racist mob in 1986
- Contemporary taco trio: The sharp, the casual and the wild
- Decaying, neglected animals prompt cruelty citations