The Indian Premier League (IPL) was just the beginning of what it is believed to be a long running season of cricket, as hot on the heels comes ICC Cricket World Cup. However, it seems neither brands nor viewers are complaining, as the former has already made a beeline to be part of the tournament. “It’s not about the number of advertisers, as much as it is about volume of inventory a specific property has. The IPL had 125 brands advertising during the tourney this year. World Cup which begins right after the T20 tournament has a different kind of sentiment attached to it. This makes it an important property for brands,” Gautam Thakar, CEO, Star Sports, said. ICC Cricket World Cup which is slated to start from May 20 and will end on July 14, will be held in England and Wales. According to industry estimates, Star Sports is expected to rake in anywhere between Rs 1,500 crore – Rs 2,000 crore as sponsorship and advertising revenue. This includes Hotstar’s earning which is expected to be in the range of Rs 300 crore – Rs 400 crore. PhonePe, One Plus, Havells, Kamala Pasand, Amazon.com, Amazon Pay, Byju’s, Dream11, MRF… Read full this story
- Cricket World Cup 2019: England vs South Africa Result, Highlights, Score, Player of the Match & More
- ICC T20 World Cup could be postponed, IPL 2020 likely in that window
- Cricket Australia: 'ICC T20 World Cup at high risk, but India series likely to go ahead on schedule'
- Four England players selected in ICC T20 World Cup team of tournament
- Canterbury to host Women's Cricket World Cup final for second time
- The women who will make the next Cricket World Cup happen in New Zealand
- High costs likely to scupper Nelson's Women's Cricket World Cup bid
- ICC World Cup 2019: Gayle playing Test sends wrong message to youngsters, says Ambrose
- ICC World Cup 2019: Can Hardik Pandya replicate Lance Klusener’s exploits in World Cup 1999 this time?
- ICC World Cup 2019: Players with India connection who played for New Zealand
BE Exclusive: Star India hits a sixer! From brands to audiences all line up for the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup have 337 words, post on brandequity.economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 29, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.