(The Philippine Star) – May 16, 2019 – 12:00am Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. – Genesis 14:18 Poet Samuel Foss wrote, “Let me live by the side of the road and be a friend to man” (“The House by the Side of the Road”). That’s what I want to be — a friend of people. I want to stand by the way, waiting for weary travelers. To look for those who have been battered and wronged by others, who carry the burden of a wounded and disillusioned heart. To nourish and refresh them with an encouraging word and send them on their way. I may not be able to “fix” them or their problems, but I can leave them with a blessing. Melchizedek, both the king of Salem and a priest, blessed Abram when he was returning weary from battle (Gen. 14). A “blessing” is more than a polite response to a sneeze. We bless others when we bring them to the One who is the source of blessing. Melchizedek blessed Abram, saying, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth” (v. 19). We can bless others by praying with them; we can take them with… Read full this story
- Willie on Tado: A true friend, a simple principled man; No song just yet for Mang Gerry
- Trump hosts ‘true friend’ Modi for first one-on-one
- Duterte: Russia is a true friend
- That’s what friends are for?
- American soldiers find special friends in Albay
- ‘True Detective’ creator says Season 2’s director character wasn’t a jab at Cary Fukunaga
- O.J. Simpson contemplates suicide in the new teaser for FX’s true-crime series with Cuba Gooding, Jr.
- Matthew Perry says he can’t remember 3 years of shooting ‘Friends’ because of alcohol and drug abuse
- The only chain in the world that sells true Southern pizza is expanding
- Why I passed on the chance to buy an Apple Watch off a friend for $100
Being a true friend have 328 words, post on www.philstar.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.