The British Fashion Council (BFC) has announced the winners of its Newgen initiative. The Newgen program, which celebrates emerging fashion design talent by offering young creatives financial support, showcasing opportunities and mentorship, aims to help fledgling designers develop and strengthen their brands. Recipients for the initiative’s 2019-20 edition include the womenswear designer Richard Quinn, who was presented with the inaugural Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design last year by Queen Elizabeth II herself. Charles Jeffrey Loverboy, Halpern and Matty Bovan were also among the 19 designers to make the cut, while Eftychia was named the ‘Newgen One to Watch’. Among the first-time recipients were Ahluwalia Studio, Art School, Asai, Bethany Williams, Bianca Saunders, paria \Farzaneh, Roker, and Stefan Cooke. All Newgen program designers will have the opportunity to show their collections at either London Fashion Week or London Fashion Week Men’s. High-profile designers to have benefited from the Newgen initiative since its launch in 1993 include Alexander McQueen, Christopher Kane, Christopher Raeburn, Erdem, Jonathan Anderson and Roksanda Ilinčić, among others. Read also: British Council’s inclusive runway show stars disabled models The BFC also announced its shortlist of designers set to go head-to-head for the 2019 BFC Fashion Trust grants,… Read full this story
- Duchess of Cambridge named best fashion icon mum - already!
- Fashion industry ponders bleak future post lockdown, experts say Covid-19 will set back the industry by 10 years
- Why shouldn’t designers sell masks?
- Lockdown diaries: Designer Ujjawal Dubey feels centred, says fashion will evolve post-Covid
- 'Work was my escape': Designer Camilla Franks, 43, talks her 'hellish' battle with stage-three breast cancer... and says this year she wants to focus on her family and 'cherishing this life'
- Designers introduce ao dai collections in HCM City
- Can’t stop fashion: on physical stores opening up and innovative strategies being adopted by brands
- Girl gone wild! Cheyenne Tozzi looks every inch the bohemian supermodel as she poses horseback for designer Camilla Franks' upcoming collection
- Coronavirus in sport: British and Australian MotoGP's cancelled
- Covid impact: Tech walks the ramp in fashion makeover
British Fashion Council champions emerging designers have 347 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at May 1, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.