‘DepEd needs continuous allocation’ Janvic Mateo (The Philippine Star) – May 30, 2019 – 12:00am No more teacher, classroom backlog, but… MANILA, Philippines — A majority of public schools in the country may no longer suffer from teacher and classroom shortages, but the yearly increase in student population demands continuous allocation for new teacher positions and school buildings, according to the Department of Education. DepEd officials on Monday said the idea of classroom and teacher “backlogs” are already a thing of the past, saying the allocation for new facilities and teacher posts are additional requirements to improve the quality of education amid rising population. “Let’s change the terminology. We’re talking here of additional requirements. For this year alone, we’re expecting 27.8 million learners,” Education Secretary Leonor Briones said, referring to the projected 700,000 increase in student population this year. Undersecretary for operations Jesus Mateo said the estimated 66,000 classrooms currently under construction and the 33,000 new teachers that they expect to hire this year would ensure that the current class sizes would not be affected by the higher student population. This, however, is being disputed by the Alliance of Concerned Teachers (ACT), which claimed that the same old problems would… Read full this story
- Doctor Q&A: What You Need To Know About Vaping-Related Illnesses
- Use `bucket strategy’ to invest for children with special needs
- Does THIS look like a drought? Environment Agency claims some parts of UK need more rain even though nearly 100 flood warnings remain
- James Bond stars Daniel Craig and Léa Seydoux continue filming No Time To Die in Italy... as 007's iconic Aston Martin is covered in high-tech cameras for driving scenes
- The One Show Rickshaw Challenge 2018 - follow the route for Children in Need
- Rylan Clark-Neal breaks down in tears as he completes his 24-hour Children In Need karaoke challenge and raises £928K for charity
- Middle school teacher 'moves 11-year-old special needs boy's desk inside the BATHROOM' after his mom said he needed a quiet place to work
- What is Children In Need and when did it start?
- Children In Need 2019: Graham Norton hilariously urges Mel Giedroyc to 'let the Great British Bake Off go!' after she uses baking puns to praise fundraisers
- Children In Need viewers complain after technical glitch cuts short little boy’s performance as show raises £48million
‘DepEd needs continuous allocation’ have 386 words, post on www.philstar.com at May 30, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.