DILG to pursue raps vs alleged narco pols Romina Cabrera (The Philippine Star) – May 25, 2019 – 12:00am MANILA, Philippines — Local government officials in President Duterte’s narco list are not yet off the hook despite their victory in the midterm elections, according to the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG). “Tuloy pa rin ang administrative cases laban sa kanila. Hindi pa rin sila makakalusot kung sila ay mapapatunayang sangkot sa iligal na droga,” Interior Secretary Eduardo Año yesterday said. The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) said 26 of 46 local officials tagged in the illegal drug trade won the elections. The President’s narco list include two congressmen, a vice governor, 18 mayors, three vice mayors, a councilor and a provincial board member. “The purpose of President Duterte in releasing the names was to inform the public… The fact that some of them lost is a substantial victory for us… If we didn’t release the names, more, if not all, could have won the elections,” Año said. The DILG filed charges of grave misconduct, conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the service, conduct unbecoming of a public officer and gross neglect of duty against the local officials… Read full this story
- This Week in Rap: Could Offset Really Go to Jail for Breaking a Teen’s Phone?
- Too Short's accuser drops civil lawsuit alleging rapper sexually assaulted her multiple times
- India vs Bangladesh 2nd Test Day 2: Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Help India Take Control Against Bangladesh
- India vs England Highlights, 1st Test Day 4: England Beat India By 31 Runs To Take 1-0 Lead in 5-Match Series
- South Africa vs England: Stuart Broad, James Anderson in a league of their own
- Yadav vs Yadav, Tata vs Mistry: The big brawls of the year
- Michael Jackson accusers can pursue lawsuits against his companies - appeals court
- South Africa vs England,1st Test: England's batsmen fail to deliver but bowlers hand tourists hope on Day 2
- Colorado day care owner charged after allegedly hiding toddlers behind a false wall
- Trump faces firestorm after identifying alleged whistleblower
DILG to pursue raps vs alleged narco pols have 347 words, post on www.philstar.com at May 24, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.