A flash flood warning for parts of the New Orleans area expired at 10:45 a.m. Sunday, setting the stage for the metro area to dry out and allow some area streets to drain.The warning area included New Orleans, Marrero, Kenner, Metairie, River Ridge, Waggaman, Ama, Luling and New Sarpy.Multiple bands of severe weather inundated the New Orleans area beginning late Saturday night and into Sunday morning. Forecasters warned of “torrential rainfall” associated with the storms, which prompted multiple weather alerts for Orleans, Jefferson and surrounding parishes, including two flash flood warnings and a severe thunderstorm warning. Both Orleans and Jefferson officials said pumps were working at capacity with no major outages to report.An initial flood warning went into effect about 10:47 p.m. and expired about 2:45 a.m. as the initial round of thunderstorms hit. About 1 to 2 inches of rain per hour hit the area during that period, forecasters said. Can’t see video below? Click here.A severe thunderstorm warning was later issued about 2:10 a.m. and was set to expire at 5:15 a.m., though heavy storms with near-constant lightning continued to swamp the area as late as 6 a.m. A second flash flood warning for Orleans and Jefferson parishes was put into… Read full this story
- Flash Flood Warning Issued For Southwestern Pennsylvania Counties
- Minnesota Weather: Unconfirmed Tornado Spotted In Renville; Heavy Rains, Flash Flooding In SE Minn.
- New Orleans visitors swap Bourbon Street for Spanish moss on Beyond the Bayou tours
- New Orleans begins controversial removal of Confederate monuments
- PGT Beauregard Confederate statue comes down in New Orleans
- Loyola U. New Orleans Students Demand Prof Is Fired for Opposing Slavery for the Wrong Reasons
- Los Angeles puts home win streak on the line against New Orleans
- ‘There Are Always Two Sides To The Story And Then There’s The Truth’: Keith David On ‘NCIS: New Orleans’
- NYC sees stunning lightning from thunderstorms, flash floods in Northeast amid stormy week
- Flash flood watch issued for metro Baton Rouge until 7 p.m. Tuesday: See live radar
Flash flood warning in New Orleans expires; flooded streets try to drain after major storms hit have 345 words, post on www.nola.com at May 12, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.