PETALING JAYA: Flash floods hit Cyberjaya on Wednesday afternoon following a heavy downpour. Residential areas were also affected.
Several roads were flooded and motorists to be trapped in their vehicles.
The most badly affected residential area was Persiaran Rimba Permai.
Road-users were in a gridlock and were trapped in their vehicles until the flood water receded. The jam also extended to neighbouring roads as motorists were trapped in their vehicles.
Social media was abuzz with photos and videos of the floods, which showed cars submerged and people wading in waist-high water.
A Facebook user, Syafira Cheryl posted that the floods hit Cyberjaya 10 at 4pm.
The Malaysian Meteorological Department had issued storm alerts in Malaysia including Selangor, Putrajaya, Negri Sembilan Perak, Pahang and Terengganu since 4pm on its twitter page.
- Storms to lash Sydney as flooding continues in Queensland and Cyclone Esther moves in the north
- Massive Houston water main break floods roadways; water advisories in effect
- Schools, businesses closed after Houston water main break
- Fears grow for missing couple who were washed away by floodwaters after heavy rain as category three cyclone brings more torrential downpours to the east coast
- Perth storm damages homes, brings down trees and causes peak-hour traffic chaos
- 'Intense and violent' thunderstorm slams into Sydney bringing torrential rain, lightning and hail - leaving one man dead after he was hit by a gas bottle sent flying into the air by 100km/h winds
- Financial pain deepens as nearly 60 countries report virus
- Frankie Muniz's severe memory loss doesn't get him down: 'It’s just the way life is'
- The women who simply can't wake up: Meet the sleepyheads with a mysterious condition that means they've snoozed through tornadoes and burglaries – and dozed for up to 36 hours