BERLIN: Siemens Healthineers said measures to speed up installations of its new blood and urine testing machines were bearing fruit, but ramp-up challenges would squeeze full-year profit margins at its diagnostics division.The German health technology firm is pinning its hopes on its Atellica machine to turn around its In-Vitro diagnostics business which lags market leader Roche, but lengthy installation times at large and complex laboratories have dragged down profit in the division.Healthineers said on Thursday it had shipped over 410 Atellica Solution analyzers in the three months to the end of March, and over 780 machines in the first six months of its fiscal year. It has also won approval for the device in China.”The measures taken to ensure a successful market launch of our laboratory diagnostics platform Atellica Solution have shown an early impact in the second quarter,” said Chief Executive Bernd Montag.Steps to reduce installation times mean the number of analyzers that are operational and able to book sales of the highly profitable tests used in the machines had increased to 20-30 per week, he said.But despite an expected acceleration in shipments in the second half, Montag told analysts the target to ship between 2,200-2,500 analyzers this year… Read full this story
- Summer Profits For Your Vending Machines
- Eight Questions to Ask Before You Form a Non-Profit Organization
- It's Not Just Fundraising Anymore - Non-Profits Must Practice "Fundkeeping" to Protect Assets
- DubLi Auctions and Non-Profits
- Profit Praxis Review - How to Make Money on Clickbank As an Affiliate?
- Increase Profits By Having An Effective Marketing Strategy
- Profit Lance Vs The Millionaire League - Which One Do You Need?
- Web 2.0 Helps Non-Profits to Earn Revenue
- Advocate in 2008 - Volunteering For a Non-Profit
- Why Don't More Businesses Help Out Non-Profits in Our Coachella Valley Community?
Healthineers sees diagnostics drag on full-year profitability have 303 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 2, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.