Unless you own the Time Stone, your last name is Strange and you’re from the Marvel Comic Universe, it’s quite fair to say that you don’t know what the future has in store for your health. For instance, will you have to rely on a wheelchair to get around, or will you still be able to ride an e-scooter 10 years down the road?The Ministry of Health Singapore estimates that one in two healthy Singaporeans aged 65 could become severely disabled in their lifetime and require long-term care. And no, this isn’t the result of accidents or disease but a sobering peek into your future if you don’t take care of your muscles now.For starters, not many welcome growing older. Your skin develops wrinkles and dark spots. You now have to mind your cholesterol levels, and the clincher: Weight gain. While all that is happening, you’re also losing muscle mass, no thanks to the ageing process.“Studies show that starting at the age of 40, we lose about 8 per cent of muscle every decade, with the rate almost doubling to 15 per cent every decade after the age of 70,” said Dr Christopher Lien, a senior consultant at Changi General… Read full this story
- Study: Anti-Aging Supplements Best Taken in Middle Age
- What 100 years means to your health
- Winged Beans: 18 Health Benefits Of The Nutrient-rich Legume
- Judges practice Catholic Social Action in Court is illegal
- I Don’t Fall Sick Any More, Former NNPC Staff Reveals What He Used and How You Can Also Benefit
- Black And Latino Queer People Reveal The Trauma That Led Them To Meth Addiction And Sexual Exploitation
- This Is Why Queer People Of Color Are Becoming Addicted To Meth And Sex
- Cow Milk Vs Buffalo Milk: Which Is Healthier?
- How TikTok has become a hotbed for drug users who teach kids how to take class As
- Reduce your chances of ever getting sick again. This solution will help clear off all your sicknesses and give you a stronger immune system to fight against sickness.
How to protect yourself against age-related muscle loss have 346 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 27, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.