If you were to rank all the ways humans can inflict harm on one another, ranked by severity, it might be a few pages before you got to “intentional inducement of FOMO.”Purposefully giving someone else FOMO – fear of missing out – is not a crime, or even a misdemeanour. But it is a big problem on Instagram, where millions of teenagers go every day to check on their peers. And it is one of the subtle slights that Instagram is focused on classifying as part of its new anti-bullying initiative, which will use a combination of artificial intelligence and human reviewers to try to protect its youngest users from harassment and pain.The anti-bullying effort is part of a larger attempt by Instagram and its parent company, Facebook, to clean themselves up. Both platforms have struggled to contain a flood of toxic behaviour, extreme content and misinformation on their services.Instagram is particularly vulnerable because of its young user base. About 70 per cent of American teenagers use the service, according to the Pew Research Centre. And 42 per cent of cyberbullying victims ages 12 to 20 reported being bullied on Instagram, according to a 2017 survey by British anti-bullying organization… Read full this story
- Here's what women from Delhi order most online
- Online Bullying Is Turning American Teens Off Social Media
- Iceland now lets customers order groceries online using EMOJIS
- Five pro tips for SC parents to keep kids safe and out of trouble online
- Instagram Adds Video Chat, New Explore Section, Topic Channels: Here’s How To Use Them
- Rich Kid who flaunts his wealth on Instagram is hiding a BIG secret… can you guess what it is?
- Instagram update might let you post HOUR-LONG videos
- Microsoft 'accidentally' leaked pre-order bonuses for Red Dead Redemption 2
- Instagram down – users claim app STILL not working around the world
- Este es el pueblo más bonito del verano, según Instagram
In order to curb online bullying, Instagram has to spot it have 320 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.