“Avengers: Endgame” finally yielded the top spot in North American box offices this weekend to the latest “John Wick” action film, but the Marvel Studios/Disney blockbuster edged closer to historic status as the all-time No. 1 grossing film. “Avengers” took in an estimated domestic total of $29.4 million in its fourth weekend out, industry watcher Exhibitor Relations estimated Sunday, bringing its worldwide total to $2.61 billion, just shy of the $2.79 billion “Avatar” earned in 2009. But in North America, it fell well behind Lionsgate’s new “John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum,” which posted a strong $57 million for its opening three-day weekend. The third “John Wick” movie again stars Keanu Reeves as a retired hitman, this time being chased by an army of killers after a $14 million contract is put on his head. The film also stars Halle Berry, Laurence Fishburne, Ian McShane and Anjelica Huston. In third, down one spot from last weekend, was Warner Bros.’ family-friendly “Pokemon: Detective Pikachu,” at $24.8 million. Based on a Nintendo video game and subsequent anime series, it has the animated title character (voiced by Ryan Reynolds) teaming up with a young boy (Justice Smith, in a live-action role) to seek… Read full this story
- Keanu Reeves rides 'John Wick: Chapter 2' to killer return
- ‘John Wick,’ movie review
- Common did not let Keanu Reeves see his pain in 'John Wick: Chapter 2'
- 'John Wick' sequel in the works, say directors
- U.S. applications for jobless aid surged 20,000 — but still near historic lows
- Political independents on the rise as number of Americans identifying as Republicans, Democrats near historic lows
- Gunman opens fire near Texas A&M University, killing county constable and civilian before dying from shootout wounds
- 13-year-old student opens fire near Arizona elementary school
- Yankees and Mets have big question marks as Opening Day nears
- NY Rangers defenseman Michael Sauer still not recovered from concussion, John Tortorella labels him 'huge question mark' for team
'John Wick' opens on top as 'Avengers' nears historic mark have 322 words, post on en.rfi.fr at May 19, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.