Toronto police have made an arrest after a 78-year-old man was assaulted outside a Starbucks on the Danforth over the weekend.
Police say that at around 5 p.m. Sunday, officers responded to an assault in the area of Danforth and Gough Aves., west of Pape Ave.
Police say the suspect yelled and swore at a man just as he was leaving the store, and then punched him, causing the victim to fall and hit his head. He was seriously injured.
A day after releasing a surveillance camera image of the suspect, Barry Dennison, 62, of Toronto, was charged with aggravated assault.
He is scheduled to appear in College Park court June 17.
Ilya Bañares is a breaking news reporter, working out of the Star’s radio room in Toronto. Follow him on Twitter: @ilyaoverseas
- Man Arrested for Assaulting Stuffed Olaf, Frozen 2 Star Josh Gad Responds
- Man arrested for rape, murder of 10-year-old
- Heavily-armed man arrested in Mexico not linked to deadly ambush on U.S. family
- Woman texted man arrested in her murder ‘You’re not a serial killer, right?’ before her death
- Royal Marine becomes real-life Iron Man on assault course as he tests out jet pack
- Florida Man Arrested for Drunk Driving Knocks Out Officer's Tooth With Handcuffs
- The Latest: Man arrested for carrying gun to polling station
- Man Arrested for Illegal Guns Belongs to Neo-Nazi Group That Wants ‘Ethnostate Rape Gangs’
- Son La: Man arrested for keeping drugs
- Man arrested on robbery charge