SINGAPORE: A 28-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday (May 29) for his suspected involvement in a case of attempted armed robbery, police said. On May 19 at about 6.30am, the authorities received a report that an unknown man in a black hoodie had tried to rob a 78-year-old man with a pen knife at Block 266 Tampines Street 21. The victim shouted for help and the suspect fled the scene without taking anything. The victim was not injured in the incident.The suspect was identified through ground enquiries and footage from police cameras, and he was arrested along Tampines Street 32 on Wednesday.He will be charged in court on Friday with attempted armed robbery and if found guilty, may be jailed between two and seven years, and punished with with at least 12 strokes of the cane.
- Police issue CCTV images of man wanted over armed robbery
- Worker assaulted during attempted armed robbery at Huddersfield newsagents
- Man charged after armed robbery at beauticians
- Police investigate attempted armed robbery in Beccles
- Bognor man jailed for armed robbery
- Woman charged with attempted armed robbery of McColl's in Sudbury
- ‘I’m really sorry’ says man after admitting armed robbery followed by car-jacking
- Man accused of armed robbery at Plymouth store appears in court
- 19 year old arrested for Capital Park armed robbery
- Minister caught up in armed robbery of grocery store
Man suspected of attempted armed robbery in Tampines arrested have 227 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 29, 2019. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.